Ideas for Painting Bathroom Floor Tiles
If you have a plan to paint the bathroom floor tiles, but if you are still need more tips to get the best results, you have come to the right place. Continue reading the information provided in this article, and we will provide you with a few tips to help you get the best results when painting your bathroom floor tiles. Consider trying to follow a few instructional steps below that will help you finish your new bathroom design project. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first stet, the tile and grout should be cleaned. You can clean it by using a household cleaner; grease, dirt and oils can be removed by using it. These items can be removed by many types of cleaners, and you have to remember to use a sponge or a soft cloth with an abrasive pad, so the tile and grout can be cleaned.
- And the second step that has to be done is to remove the mold from the tiles; you can use a soft cloth and bleach for that. And then, if there is mold on the floor, one cup of bleach should be mixed in a gallon of water then the entire floor should be cleaned, so it is free of any and all types of grime and mold.
- And then, the next step is the tiles and grout should be inspected for damage. If there is any damage to the grout or tile, you will need to repair it before painting the tile.
- After that, the tiles should be sanded; a fine grit sandpaper and an electric hand sander should be used for this sanding. The tile should be sanded until the glossy finish has been roughed up.
- And the next step that has to be done is sanding the dust from the tiles and to clean them by using the vacuum. After the tiles have been vacuumed, the floor should be wiped by using a damp cloth.
- And then, the next step that has to be accomplished is the tiles that should be primed by using the primer that is designed for high gloss surfaces. And then, two coats of the primer should be applied; the manufacturer directions should be followed. Give the primer plenty of time to be allowed to dry.
- And then, the primed tiles should lightly be sanded by using a fine grit sandpaper. After the sanding has been completed, the tiles should be wiped by using damp cloth, so the dust can be removed.
- And the next step is to apply several coats of satin finish oil based floor paint. The paint should be allowed to dry for about 48 hours, for best results.
- And the last step is to apply at least two coats of polyurethane to the floor by using a foam paint roller. This step is vital in protecting the paint on the floor.