Tips for Redoing a Bathroom Shower
If you have a plan to redo your bathroom shower, but are still in need more tips to get the best results you have found the right place! Continue reading this article and we will provide you a few tips to help you obtain the best results for your remodeling project. All you have to do is consider trying to follow a few instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first step, your old shower tiles should be removed, and we recommend a hammer and chisel to be used for this. And then, the first tile should be removed in the center of the shower and that tile that should be punched by using the hammer and chisel too. And now, your way can be worked through the other tiles.
- And for the second step, the old caulking and the grout should be removed; you have to remove it from your shower wall. You can pull the caulking away from the surface by hand or you can scrape it off by using a razor knife. And you can knock the grout loose by using a hammer. And then, the rough should be smoothed by using sandpaper.
- And the next step is the tile adhesive should be applied to the backs of each tile as you position them on a clean, dry wall. It can be started in a bottom corner and it should be moved up and out, so the tiles can be kept straight. The tiles should be allowed to set for about 24 hours. And you may need to cut some tiles by using a tile saw, so it can be fit in corners or other odd-shaped spaces.
- After that, the seams with new grout should be sealed; a rubber squeegee or a putty knife can be used for this. And then, the grout in the joint should be smoothed, and you can do it with your hand. After that, the excess grout from the tiles should be cleaned and it should be allowed to dry.
- And then, you have to remember that the shower edges and around the faucets and the shower head should be sealed, you can seal them by using the silicone caulking. And then, the caulking should be smoothed, make a sure you are smoothing into each joint; your finger can be used for this. Make sure everything is well-covered should be ensured, so preventing the leaks can be prevented.
- And the last point you have to keep in your mind to complete this project is the edging tiles that need to be applied, you can apply them to where the tile shower meets the tub or around shower floor for an additional accent and will also help to prevent leaks too. Make a sure you are applying the edging tiles like wall tiles.