Ideas for Decorating your Interior with Arts and Crafts Style
If you have an idea to decorate your interior with an art and crafts style, but are still in need of more tips to get the best result, you are in the right place. Just keep reading this article and we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best decorating results. Consider trying to follow a few instructional steps below that will help you complete and even realize your plan. We will also guide you through to get the best results an make all of your decorating wishes come true! So, let’s check these tips out!
- The first tip is going to be, taking a step back in time. Getting familiar with names like Gustav Stickley, William Morris, CFA Voysey and Dick Van Erp will are important if you would like to complete and finish this work. Inspirational furniture, lighting, textile ideas and wall decorating can easily be taught from them.
- And secondly, your color palette should be planned. The natural subdued tones can be taken from the middle ages when colors were earthy and warm. Contrasting to ivory and cream can be inserted to the colors like dusty rose, sapphire blue, burnished brown, mossy green and deep red.
- And then, you have to know that the wallpaper with oriental or gothic motifs can be considered to hang, because it holds a certain design attribute that always pleases. The large scale designs will be used by the arts and crafts décor with repeated patterned wallpaper. The wainscoting or tongue and groove boards will cover the wall and the bottom half that have been separated by a wooden chair rail.
- And the next step you have to do is the hardwood floors. they should either be chosen in long boards or parquet squares and they have to be polished and stained with a dark color. For the entrance hall, stone can be added to your bathroom, and a simple subdued color is a nice idea.
- And then, the furniture should be looked at. Traditional built-ins were the styles back then, but today look for high quality cabinets and bookcases. The board backs should be included in the furniture; arms set far and can be rectangular in shape trimmed with leather straps or copper and upside down hearts. And a four poster bed definitely adds a nice touch.
- And then next step is brightening up the room with some lighter colors. The hammered copper patina base will softly glowe by the tiffany style stained glass lamp shades. The scones and many table lamps can be considered to use around the house.
- And the last step in completing and finishing this work is the accents on the accessories . The pottery, stoneware, goblets and jugs can be considered an important part of your new design too. In an arts and crafts style décor, it is also a great idea to use copper, pewter, bronze, silver and iron.. The pictures of pastoral scenes can also be included for increasing the details.