Ideas for Making Country Kitchen Curtains
If you have a plan to make country kitchen curtains, but if you are still need more tips to get the best result, you are in the right place. Continue reading this article, and we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result. Please consider trying to follow a few instructional steps below that will help you to complete your project for making country kitchen curtains. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first step, the height of the window from the curtain rod to the bottom of the windowsill should be measured. And then, 4 ½ inches should be added for a top hem and the bottom ruffle seam. And then, 3 inches should be subtracted for a 3 inch ruffle.
- And the second step that has to be done is the width of the window should be measured and multiplied by 2, and then 2 inches for the side hems need to be added. You have to remember that they should be divided in 2 for 2 window panels.
- And then, the next step that has to be done is the width of one window panel should be multiplied by 2 for the ruffle width. And then, ½ inch for the side hems should be added. And then, ¾ inches should be added to the ruffle height for a hem and seam.
- And after that, the next step that has to be completed is the bottom edge of the ruffles that should be turned under ¼ inch twice for a hem. And then, it should be pinned and sewed by using a straight stitch.
- And then, the upper tension unit of your sewing machine should be tightened. Gathering scrap material should be practiced with the tightened tension until you have mastered the gathering method. Some time may be taken by this but is worth the effort.
- And the next is the ruffle strips that should be attached to the bottoms of the curtain panels, they should be gathered, the tightened tension method with a ¼ inch seam can be used for that.
- Next, a curtain rod channel should be created at the tops of the curtain panels by the fabric that should be folded over ¼ inches, then 2 ¼ inches. And then it should be pinned at 1 inch intervals along the 2 ¼ inch edges and it should be sewed down, so the channel for the curtain rod will be created. And then, another seam should be sewed 1 inch from the top edge, so a ruffle will be created above the rod.
- And the last point you have to work to finish is the side hems should be created for the curtain panels and ruffles by each edge should be folded over ¼ inch twice, and should be pinned and sewed straight. Good luck with these tips and enjoy your new country kitchen curtains!