Tips for Creating Decorative Letters for Your Child’s Room
If you have a plan to create decorative letters for your child’s room, but if you are still need more tips to get the best result, you are in the right place. Continue reading this article for some great tips for creating decorative letters for your child’s room. We will give you a few tips to help you get the best results, so consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete your small bedroom design project.
- For the very first step, something you have to do is make a pattern for the letters that you wish to create, in the really size and font, a word processing program should be used. And then, the letters should be carefully cut out of the paper after it has been printed.
- And the second way you have to do to complete this project is the paper letter patterns should be laid on pieces of balsa wood and they should be traced around, you can trace it by using a pencil.
- And then, the next step you have to do to in completing this work is that the wood pieces should be placed on a hard, protected surface, so that you will not damage the surface beneath the wood during the cutting process.
- What’s next? Yes, of course the outline that has been penciled should be traced around; a box can be used to solve this step. You will need to trace the letters several times before breaking free of the boards that have been completed.
- After that, the next step you have to handle is around the edges of the letters. Sand around the edges of the letters so smooth sides will be created.
- And then, the next thing you have to handle is the letters. What should you do? Yep, they have to be set on the pieces of acid free scrapbook paper, and then they should be traced around, you can do this by using a pencil.
- And then, the next point you have to solve is the letter tracings. Yes, of course they have to be cut out of the paper.
- And the next step you have to do is the paper tracings should be adhered to the wooden letters, do you know Mod Podge? Yep, it can be used to adhere them. After that, any wrinkles and the air bubbles should be smoothed out.
- After that, three-dimensional stickers and other embellishments should be added to the letters, after the Mod Podge has dried. You can attach mostly anything that you choose by using a hot glue gun.
- And the last thing you have to complete is a looped length of ribbon that should be hot-glued to the back of each letter, for hanging.