Tips for Making Different Bathroom Sink By Painting with White
- For the very first step, finding the paint that is most suitable for the surface should be purchased. Most white sinks are made of cultured marble, porcelain or ceramic. The products that have been designed for painting tubs you can use for sinks can be found easily, such as Tile Brush-On Finish and Homax Tub.
- And the second, the manufacturer’s directions for preparing and painting your bathroom sink should be followed. After this, you can look at the general instructions, but you should also look at the specific product instructions.
Bathroom Sinks – Buying Tips – Bathroom Answers
- Your sink should be cleaned first, and a mixture of water and TSP should be used for cleaning. A 1 gallon bucket should be used and the manufacturer’s directions for how much TSP to add and right TSP use and the precautions should be followed. And then, your sink should be cleaned by using a sponge, which should be rinsed thoroughly. Then it needs to be dried using paper towels.
- And then, your entire sink should be rubbed by using #ooo grade steel wool. After that, it should be rinsed with warm water and it should be dried again by using paper towels.
- After that, steps 3 and 4 should be repeated twice. It can be essential to do the cleaning and scouring process three times. Your paint may not adhere to the surface if your sink is not prepared properly.
How to Paint a Bathroom Sink
- And then, the walls, floors and anything else you don’t want to paint should be protected by using drop cloths and painter’s tape.
- A natural bristled brush should be used rather than a sponge or synthetic brush. A thin coat of paint should be applied to your sink. Brush one direction the entire time and make sure to apply it as evenly as possible. Two coats will be needed by you, so you have to make a sure that it will not be over applied in an attempt that the job will be completed in one step.
- And then, your paintbrush should be wrapped in plastic and the lid should be put back on the paint. Before your second coat to be applied, the brush and paint need to be tested on a separate surface (like cardboard), so making the paint and brush stay smooth can be ensured.
- After that, you will need to wait at least 2 – 4 hours, and then your second coat should be applied and cleaned up. Again, apply an even thin coat of paint to your sink. If more than 4 hours have passed, you need to wait three days before your second coat should be applied.
How to Paint a White Bathroom Sink
- And the last, your brush should be cleaned by using some paint thinner and it the rest of your work are can be cleaned up. Your sink should be allowed to dry for about three days, and make a sure you have dry in temperatures that are no cooler than 72 degrees F. The paint will take a much longer time to cure if it is especially humid. The last step will be to remove the painter’s tape slowly and carefully after three days.