Tips for Decorating your Interior with Gray Walls
If you have plans to decorate your interior with gray walls, but are still in need of more tips and inspiration to get the best results, you have stumbled upon the right article, continue reading this post and we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best results. All you have to do is consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first step, your gray walls should be accented with a creamy ivory trim. You have to remember that white trim is an obvious option for painted trim, but when paired with gray, it often looks too harsh. An added depth on the walls will be provided by the softer ivory tones and they will be offset with the sophistication.
- And for the second step, the right gray color scheme for your space should be identified. If you have a plan to create a crisp, classic look, then a cool gray should be paired with blue or if you have a plan to create a rich, cozy feel, so the warmer gray should be coordinated with purples and plums. The traditional interiors might be given with the wood trim and create a stately appeal, if you want it, so the walls in lighter dove gray should be found.
- And then, the different shades of gray should be layered. The dimensions should be added to a room, so your accent wall should be painted with a darker shade of gray, so a focal point will be created, and a lighter shade should be applied to the rest of the walls. The trim should be painted in an even lighter shade of gray if you want to create a sleeker look. The walls should be grounded with a few key pieces of furniture or a gray area rug. The shiny or brushed silver metallic accents should be considered to use, they visually read as shade of gray and the texture will be added to a room.
- After that, the dark gray can be enhanced with bright colors. The deeper slate and charcoal grays function much like black in an interior. An interest will be provided to the expanse of a backdrop will be provided by a few furnishings, window treatments or accents that are added in a vivid, saturated hue. Dark gray can be paired with yellow or orange if you are trying to create a fresh modern look.
- And the last, the plenty of light sources should be introduced. Feeling murky and depressing in the gray rooms will be made by the shadows. Plenty of natural light might be allowed into the room with lightweight or sheer window coverings, and the lamps and other lighting might be used to your advantage. The lights should be positioned throughout the space at varying heights; the floor lamps, table lamps, pendants and sconces can be used for it.