Tips for Mixing Paint Colors to Make Color Combinations for Interior Paint
Tips for Mixing Paint Color to Make Color Combination for Interior Paint
If you have plans to mix paint colors to create a cool color combination for your interior paint project, but if you are still need more tips to get the best results, you have stumbled upon the right place. Continue to read this article, and we will provide you with a few tips to help you get the best results, Definitely consider trying to follow a few of these instructional steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan to guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first step, something you have to do to start this work is to check the interior paint you intend to mix, so it can be ensured that they are both the same type of finish. And then, the label on each can of paint should be looked at closely. And preparing all of the paint that is either matte, eggshell, flat, gloss, semi gloss or satin should be ensured. Make a sure that two different paint finishes will not be mixed together, this will cause a color combination problem when fixing causing the finish to be dull and very undesirable.
- And the second step that has to be worked by you is a widow screen that should be draped over a 5-gallon bucket and then it should be secured at the bottom of the bucket by using the tape. A strainer will act like a window screen to remove any dried paint particles easily that may come from a previously opened can of paint.
- And then, the next step that has to be worked is a can of paint should be poured into a 5-gallon bucket. And then, the paint strain should be poured through the window screen. And then, pouring each can of paint into the buckets should be continued, and then, the time for the paint should be allowed to strain completely before it should be poured in the next can.
- After that, the next step that has to be done is that the widow screen should be removed after you have poured all of the paint into the bucket. After that, the screen should be placed in a plastic trash bag and be discarded.
- And the last point that has to be kept in your mind to complete and finish this work is that the paint should be stirred; you can stir it by using a long wooden stir stick. Mixing the paint completely before painting should be started has to be ensured. And then, it should be stirred frequently when paint is applied, so remaining a consistency by the paint can be ensured.
Tips: the flooring underneath the bucket should be protected in case of an accidental spill.
Warning: paint should only be mixed in a well ventilated room, so breathing in paint fumes can be minimized.